Been a bit of a busy week lately with Uni, much to the extent that I'm gonna have to delay my impending Doctor Who/Star Trek face-off for at least a week whilst I finalise the list and get a couple done so I'll have something to stick up on busier days. Have to say so far that TARDIS Wiki and Memory Alpha have proven incredibly useful in my pairing, not to mention some suggestions from fellow Whovians and Trekkies. That been said I'm still missing a couple of spots on the list but to get your appeite wetted here's the presently unfinshed list. I stress the fact that this isn't altogether the order in which they might appear just yet:
( Read List of Match Ups Below...Collapse )
Let me know what or who else might deserve a spot on the list or if anyone seems displaced. Till then! :)
- Current Mood: tired
1) Make a list of fifteen characters first, and keep it to yourself for the moment.
2) Ask your f-list to post questions in the comments. For example: "One, nine, and fifteen are chosen by a prophecy to save the world from four. Do they succeed?", "Under what circumstances might five and fourteen fall in love?", "Which character on the list would you most want on your side in a zombie invasion?"
3) After your f-list has stopped asking questions, round them up and answer them using the fifteen characters you selected beforehand, then post them.
I have aimed to pick from a range of characters which I hope half of which you will have at least vaguely heard of. ;) And don't worry, no question is too stupid. Even ones involving naked people chained to fruit cake.
Also experimenting with the idea of doing a top ten list every Friday of things which interest me including Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, X-Files, Downton Abbey, 24, LOST and umpteen other possible things which I like or am getting gradually into somehow or other. This Friday will most likely be... Top Ten DC/Marvel Crossovers Which Haven't Happened Yet I'd Like to See! Ones in the future could include my fav Doctor/Companion moments, favourite X-Files I've seen so far, favourite LOST bits or the like. If there's a top ten you'd like to see in the catagories I mentioned above give me an IM or reply here!
I've been trying to get my dad into watching the first season of Sherlock (he loved the two two episodes and now wants me to get Season 2 for him) whilst my mother has tried to get me into Downton Abbey (and succeeded - seen the whole first series and episode 1 of season 2 thus far and I think it's one of the best period dramas I've seen in a good while). So TV wise I've been pretty busy.
In any case, we recently had the awesome news that after years of fanfiction and overall debates on the subject, IDW Comics are writing an epic eight-part crossover comic between Doctor Who and Star Trek: The Next Generation, putting the Eleventh Doctor, Amy and Rory alongside Jean Luc Picard and his Enterprise-D crew as they battle the alliance I never thought we'd ever see together - Cybermen and Borg! WHEEEEEEE!!!! I'm incredibly excited about this (and I can see the collected Graphic Novel going on my Christmas List for the end of the year) but in honour of the occasion, I'm deciding to do a very special Meme!
A while back I mentioned a tribute to numerous villains and monsters in Doctor Who, but now I'm expanding the idea to become 30 Days of pitting Doctor Who and Star Trek's most infamous alien races and villains against each other, with the chance for you to give your own ideas. This should probably start in about a week and a half time as I format the list, it'll go something like this:
- The list will feature creatures from across both the Classic and New Doctor Who and the original four Star Treks - TOS, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager.
- I'm ignoring Enterprise on account of never having seen any of it outside the first story (so I won't kid myself writing about aliens I don't know) and all 11 of the Star Trek films (including the 2009 reboot) are out on account of them being films - this is a TV vs TV thing.
- There will hopefully be a nice divide between eras. I'll ideally be picking aliens people would know over the more obsure ones but the idea to have races which counter each other like the Borg and Cybermen.
- I'll be using the following critera for each race - Names, Images, Bio, What To Do If You Meet One, Crowning Moment and Notable Individuals. Once that's done I'll give my own opinion of who I think would come out on top by Brawn, Brains and General Awesomeness. I'll then let anyone comment to give their own opinion.
So that's the lot. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see in the Meme and until then... Make it GerominSo!
- Current Mood: excited
Your presence is required.
Mr Metaltron, you have been selected to undertake a vitally important task.
No, not really. But you'll do it anyway. It concerns the Key to Time Season of Doctor Who. Do you know of it?
Well I heard of the myths and legends and Lost Spook keeps telling me to watch it after I finished with Season Twenty-
It is no myth. And you will watch it first.
Ah, well you're the boss Mr White Guardian sir.
It consists of six segements, and these segements are collected in a single DVD collection you have owned for months but haven't bothered checking out.
Yyyyyeah, well I was gonna but I just got some new Family Guy...
Hmph. There are times, Mr Metaltron, when the forces in the universe upset the balance to such an extent that it becomes necessary for a Doctor Who fan to stop everything... and watch the Key To Time Season.
All of it?
In order. And possibly the special features too.
Well surely there are plenty of other Doctor Who fans who-
I have chosen you.
Ah. Well I'll get cracking then! Don't suppose I get a Mary Tamn of my own to watch them with me?
Drat. Well I'll be off then.
One final thing, Mr Metaltron. I am the White Guardian, and to maintain universal balance there is also a Black Guardian.
Uh ah? Will he be trying to stop me watching them then?
No, I simply wanted to use it as a long-winded way of making sure you put your thoughts on the episodes down when you've seen them.
Rrrrrright. Well I'll be going...
Beware the Black-
Oh sprack off!
Thoughts on The Ribos Operation will be up in the coming days!
Also there's been something of a little matter of a Doctor Who Christmas Special (as I was away on the 25th I caught the BBC3 28th showing) and an opening episode of Sherlock to talk about...
( Spoilers for 2011 Doctor Who Christmas SpecialCollapse )
( Spoilers for Sherlock: A Scandal in Belgravia & General Season 2nessCollapse )
So, here's to 2012 being a more blog-filling year for me, till next time! :)
( Five Reasons Why New Who Fans Should Watch... The Curse of Peladon Collapse )
So that's it for this installment! In the comments below, be sure to leave your thoughts on Curse of Peladon, whether if you have already seen it (and want to add your own reasons why you like it or not) or will do after reading this (and if you do also let me know what you thought of it!) Thanks for reading! :)
- Current Mood: contemplative
Word Count: 350 Words
Characters: Second Doctor, Ben, Polly
Summary: Inspired by the present picture for Music - The Second Doctor begins his knack for inspiring with his chosen musical instrument. Mild Spoilers for Power of the Daleks, the Second Doctor's first adventure.
Author's Notes: Written for wwho_contest drabble Challenge #5: Music.
( Spare Me A TuneCollapse )
- Current Mood:creative